Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Why does God love me?

Why does God love me?

Have you ever really thought about that? The more I put my mind on the cross and the more I fail, the more I realize that there is only one answer to this question. Why does God love me? Because He is sovereign and decided I was to be a vessel of love, instead of wrath. That’s it. He simply chose to love me. When my mind sets to this I want to fall on my face and never get up. I want to continually be in prayers of thanksgiving and praise to His Holiness. But I am so unworthy of His love as soon as I see the waves of the weather and the lust of the eyes; I am back in the flesh. I fail. When I do, I do not have an angry Father, I have a loving Father I can come to in repentance with His arms open, as if to say, “That’s ok….I don’t love you because you’re good….I love you because I Am good.” Am I saying it’s ok to sin? God forbid! I’m just saying that what I do has nothing to do with His love for me. He is just and the punishment I deserved, He has paid for in full. This must stay at the forefront of everything I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment